Subscriber Access Difficulties
- If when attempting to register for the first time you are taken to the
"How to Subscribe" page instead of "Member Information" or "Subscriber
- You may be using a different e-mail address than the one entered into our
database (e-mail addresses must be exact or the database will not recognize
You have viewed the Rig Locator online before but now you are asked to
enter your e-mail address and password:
- Contact Customer Service (e-mail:
- It would seem that one of two things has happened:
- The cookies in your browser have been deleted. Your password is
saved in a cookie text file. This is to allow you
to access the Rig Locator without having to enter your password each
time. Often cookies are stored in temporary files and sometimes
inadvertently they are deleted. If this is the case you will need to
request a new password.
- You are trying to access the Rig Locator from another browser,
workstation or remote location. Since the password is saved in a cookie
only the browser that you initially registered on can be used without
needing to request a new password.
Request a New Password
- Go to the Rig Locator home page at
- Click on "Contractors' Summary"
- On the page where it says "This is a paid subscription site"
insert your e-mail address and click <OK>.
- At the bottom of the page where it says "Email my password to me"
select this link
- Click on <Email My Password> button
- When you receive your new password it is best to copy and paste it into the
password field on the User Login page as sometimes typos are made. This happens
because, when viewed with a serif font, such as Times New Romans, numbers can
look like letters and visa versa (e.g., the number "1" and the letter
A cookie is a small bit of information placed on your computer by
a web page. It is used to identify you to the web server. It tells the
server who you are when you return to a page at the same website. Your
browser will only send a cookie back to the website that originally sent it
to you. A cookie cannot run any programs, deliver any viruses, or send back
information about your system.
The information above is provided to assist Rig Locator online
subscribers to identify the most common problems we have encountered when
accessing our websites via the Internet. It by no means covers every
scenario that is possible. A user's ability to access any online website
depends on your Internet Service Provider, your organization's Network, the
software you are using, etc. If your particular question is not addressed
herein, please contact your System Administrator.
For further information or to comment on our website(s), e-mail:
- Search Daily Well Licences
On the Rig Locator home page:
- Click on "Daily Well Licences" link
- Choose one of the Search options buttons
- By Date
- By Operator (the default)
- By Location
- When searching "By Operator" or "By Location":
- Select the appropriate criteria from the drop-down list(s)
- Click on the "Search" button
When searching "By Operator" typing the first letter of the operator's name in
the "Operator" field will bring you to all operators starting with that letter.
Then scroll down until you locate the operator you want to search for. (This
also works in the "Projected Zone", year, month and date fields.)